Are you conscious of your smile or do you have the tendency to hide it? If there’s something about your smile that makes you feel incredibly self-conscious, then maybe it’s time for you to get a smile makeover. This is a treatment available at your dentist through various cosmetic dentistry procedures. Do you want shorter teeth? Longer teeth? Perhaps you would like your teeth to be a few shades whiter? Visit Dr. Kari Bender, your cosmetic dentist in Edmond, OK, and discover the different ways to change the way your teeth look and make that beautiful smile happen.
Choose a Competent, Experienced Cosmetic Dentist
Choosing a dentist who will perform your smile makeover is the first thing that you need to do. While most dentists have the skill to perform preventive and restorative procedures, it takes more than just skill to be a good cosmetic dentist. One must have the artistic flair to be able to make restorations appear natural, make improvements that shine and blend function with aesthetics. A good cosmetic dentist takes into account, not just your teeth but your entire facial symmetry. A combination of skill, experience, and art are the qualities that make up an excellent cosmetic dentist.
In choosing a dentist, look at before and after photos, read patient testimonials, and consider the dentist’s training and overall experience.
What Are My Smile Makeover Options?
Cracks, chips, gaps, discoloration, misalignment, you name it, cosmetic dentistry offers you many options to improve your smile.
- Porcelain Veneers – These are ultra thin, tooth-colored shells of porcelain, placed over the teeth. The dentist can design veneers in different shapes, colors and sizes to improve your smile. They can be used to whiten the teeth, cover flaws like stains, chips, and cracks, fill in gaps, and address tooth misalignment. Porcelain veneers are the secret behind the beautiful smiles of famous movie stars.
- Teeth Whitening – Tooth stains and discoloration happen because of certain foods and drinks, habits like smoking, genetics, and old age. Whatever the case is, teeth whitening can address your tooth discoloration issues, and give you bright, white teeth with the use of dentist-supervised products and techniques.
- Invisalign – This is an invisible orthodontic treatment that involves the use of plastic, transparent, removable aligners to straighten the teeth. Many doctors and patients believe that this is a better way to achieve straight teeth than traditional orthodontics.
- Dental Implants – If you are ashamed to smile because of missing teeth, then dental implants are for you. This treatment involves the surgical placement of artificial tooth roots and an abutment tooth to replace the tooth that you’ve lost. Dental implants are stable, durable, and long lasting tooth replacements.
- Dental Bonding – This treatment is very similar to porcelain veneers because cosmetic flaws of the teeth are likewise masked. The difference, however, lies in the type of materials used. Dental bonding uses composite resin, to cover tooth imperfections. It is a less invasive, fast, and inexpensive way to get a smile makeover.
Schedule your smile makeover today! If you live in or around Edmond, OK, visit us, at Creative Edge Dentistry. Dr. Kari Bender is a skilled, experienced and trusted cosmetic dentist when it comes to creative smile transformations. You may schedule your visit online or call us at (405) 341-9351 for more information about the many cosmetic procedures that we offer or to schedule an appointment.
Photo Credit: Identity Station