With constant wear and tear and exposure to food particles and bacteria, keeping the teeth healthy and beautiful can be quite a challenge. A tooth can break due to an accident. The teeth may also change color due to age, genetics, and habits like regular coffee drinking and cigarette smoking. Not practicing good oral hygiene can also cause decay that creates a dark, unsightly tooth color. Thus, anything can happen to your teeth during the course of your life that can damage or alter their shape, look, and overall structure. Thankfully, there are various ways to address dental problems and cosmetic issues about the teeth. Tooth bonding, for one, is a great way to correct imperfections, restore the appearance of a tooth, and improve its look. Creative Edge Dentistry in Edmond, OK offers this inexpensive treatment, so patients in and around the area can get a cosmetic enhancement without draining their pockets.
What is Tooth Bonding?
Tooth bonding is a cosmetic dental treatment that makes use of tooth-colored, composite resin, to correct tooth imperfections. First, liquid resin material is applied to the teeth. The dentist then sculpts the application to create a natural looking façade for your teeth. Once the right look is achieved, the dentist cures the resin material with the use of a special light. This final step bonds and hardens the resin material on your teeth. The entire process takes about 30 minutes to an hour per tooth; making tooth bonding a fairly quick and easy dental treatment.
What are the Benefits of Tooth Bonding?
- Inexpensive Treatment – Tooth bonding is currently considered as the least expensive cosmetic dentistry treatment for mild to moderate tooth imperfections. The treatment makes it possible for everyone to achieve a smile transformation on a budget.
- Natural Looking Results – The resin material to be used comes in different shades that greatly resemble tooth color. You and the dentist can choose the shade that best complements your face. Tooth bonding allows the dentist to easily design the look of your teeth, so your smile appears beautifully transformed.
- Fast and Easy Procedure – Unlike other cosmetic dentistry treatments that take from 2 to 3 visits to complete, tooth bonding can be done in a single office visit.
- Less Invasive Treatment – Tooth bonding does not require the removal of a portion of your tooth enamel. Your teeth will only be etched slightly so the bonding material adheres well for many years. This makes tooth bonding a less invasive procedure than other cosmetic dentistry alternatives.
- Anesthesia May Not be Needed – The dentist doesn’t need to inject you with dental anesthesia, unless tooth bonding is used to fill a decayed tooth. This lessens your exposure to drugs while not being subjected to drills and injections.
How Do I Care for My Bonded Teeth?
Tooth bonding does not require special care or attention. All you need to do is to properly maintain good oral hygiene. This means to practice proper brushing and flossing, and visiting your dentist regularly. Refrain from biting hard objects such as pencil tips and your fingernails. Generally, tooth bonding can last for up to 10 years with excellent oral care habits.
For tooth bonding in Edmond, OK, come and visit us at Creative Edge Dentistry. Tooth bonding is a specialty of Dr. Bender and many other cosmetic and restorative dental treatments. You may call us at (405) 341-9351, to set your appointment.
Photo Credit: Pinteresst